Air conditioners have changed the lives of mankind with their constantly improving cooling technology. Nowadays air conditioners come in different types to make them more convenient for use. In this article, we will see detailed info about portable air conditioners with WiFi features.
As the name implies, a portable air conditioner is a portable device, it can be moved easily and does not require permanent installation like other types of air conditioners. Most portable air conditioners have wheels attached at the bottom which makes it easier to move them from one place to another. This type of air conditioner is relatively lightweight which makes it easy to move around. Now with cool technology improvements, these air conditioners come with Wi-Fi functionality and can be easily controlled via smart home assistants like Google Home or Amazon Alexa.
Where and why a portable AC is preferred?
Portable air conditioners are mainly preferred for their portability and ease of installation. They are convenient to operate, easy to move around, and costs less compared to a central heating system. I am listing a few scenarios where a portable air conditioner would come in handy.
- If your current home doesn’t have a central heating/cooling system, and you don’t want to invest a big amount installing a central system. In this case, you can buy 1 or 2 portable air conditioners and install them in the 2 most important rooms that require air conditioning.
- If you are in a rented home currently, and you want to condition temperature in any room. It doesn’t make sense to install central systems in a rented home. A portable air conditioner can be taken with you on moving out.
- Even if your home has a central system, sometimes a small room or area will be left out without air conditioning. In cases like this, a portable air conditioner is a good choice.
- Portable air conditioners are also good for cooling garages. If you move homes frequently, a portable air conditioner would come in handy for you in many situations.
- If you’ve enough budget to spend, I’d advise you to go for a smart portable air conditioner with a WiFi feature. The WiFi feature will let you connect the air conditioner to the internet, and you can control the device from your smartphone. You can turn ON the air conditioner while you are driving back home and keep the room cool when you arrive.
The benefits and drawbacks of Portable AC
- A portable air conditioner is very easy to install. You can install it very easily on your own without any professional help. You can install it near any window or exit point to install the hose, with the toolkit that is provided with the unit most of the time.
- Portable air conditions are relatively lightweight and can be easily moved anywhere as per your requirements. Most portable air conditioners have wheels at the bottom which makes it more easier to move the air conditioner across the rooms.
- Low cost is one more benefit of portable air conditioners, they are becoming more and more affordable as compared to other air conditioners.
- A portable air conditioner is the best option amongst all types of air conditioners for small rooms. Also, they are the best option if you don’t have a permanent residence and have to move a lot.
- While the cost of a portable air conditioner is low which makes it an affordable option, the long-term operational cost does not make it an economical option.
- Portable air conditioners generate some heat during the whole process. Resulting in a relatively slow cooling process.
- The time taken by the portable air conditioner to cool a room is relatively more which makes it less energy efficient.
- Portable air conditioners are noisier as compared to their alternative options as all of the conditioning is done only in one unit.
- The water extracted from portable air conditioners needs to be drained out. Some portable air conditioners have hoses but others have a water tank. The water tank needs to be drained regularly so that unit will function properly.
Midea Portable AC
The Midea portable air conditioner comes with a rating of 10000 BTU (5800 BTU 2017 SACC standard). It delivers fast, effective cooling for spaces up to 200 square feet while simultaneously providing fan and dehumidification functions in any home, bedroom, office, or cabin, creating a relaxing and comfortable environment.
Midea portable air conditioner is Wi-Fi enabled & can be controlled with voice. You can control your portable air conditioner from anywhere using the MideaAir smartphone app. Pair your air conditioner with Alexa or with Google Assistant, the unit will respond to voice commands.
Enjoy the simplicity and comfort of digital controls. This portable air conditioner features an easy-to-read LED display and includes a compact remote control (batteries included) to easily set the time, temperature, and mode, from across the room. Comes with a 24-hour adjustable timer that can cool a room to a temperature between 62 F – 90 F and has 3 modes to choose from – cooling, dehumidification, fan only.
It is very easy to install this air conditioner. Roll your air conditioner to the preferred cooling area, attach the 5ft hose and adjustable window brackets (fits openings from 26.5-48“), turn the unit on, and let your cooling begin. An exhaust hose and window kit are included, no extra tools are needed for assembly. Installation instructions are simple and can be done by anyone.
Comes with a removable and reusable air filter to protect your family and living space from dust and pet hairs. It is recommended that you clean the filter every week of operation to extend the life and performance of this unit.
Noise reflecting off hard surfaces such as a floor or wall can make the sounds seem louder than they actually are.
Della Portable AC
The Della portable air conditioning unit comes with a rating of 14000 BTU that provides cool air and dehumidification for spaces up to 700 square feet. This freestanding fan is ideal for warm weather days or any room with poor ventilation. Ideal for indoor use, this fan will cool down your bedroom, living room, apartment, or office.
Comes With the redesigned Della+ app, with which you can adjust the temperature setting from anywhere within range. While you’re relaxing at home, you can adjust the temperature without getting up off the couch.
One more important feature of this portable air conditioner unit is that this air conditioner is designed with self-evaporation technology, so there is no bucket for water so you don’t need to empty it every week.
Comes with a traditional remote control unit which gives you more convenience to control your air conditioner unit quickly.
Comes with smart controls. You can adjust the temperature on the go with the convenient DELLA app. This makes it easy to cool your space when you’re on your way home, and it’s also convenient for times when you forget to shut things off before leaving the house.
Rollicool Portable AC
The Rollicool portable air conditioner unity comes with a rating of 14000 BTU which can quickly cool the rooms up to 375 square feet. Can pull up to 2.91 liters of water from the air per hour (79 liters/day) to combat humid, muggy days.
You can use Alexa voice commands to control your Rollicool with a library of Alexa skills. The intuitive, easy-to-use app is also available.
Comes with DUAL-BAND WI-FI SUPPORT (2.4GHz & 5GHz). Connect the air conditioner unit to your home wi-fi network and control from anywhere with an internet connection. If you don’t have internet, You can also use Bluetooth to control the air conditioner unit.
Easily Installable. Comes with everything you need to get cool in minutes, including a window kit and washable air filter. Smooth-glide 360° caster wheels to easily move the air conditioner unit from room to room.
This portable air conditioner comes with a One-Year Limited Warranty.
Ukoke Portable AC
Comes with a 12000 BTU cooling capacity that cools up to 400 square feet of floor space, or a medium-sized room. Can Switch from Cooler to Heater warming up your room in less than 10 minutes. Provides an Eco-friendly R410A refrigerant and efficient compressor that can lower the noise down to 53 dB.
Ukoke’s Smart Portable Air Conditioner HVAC Unit works with Alexa to easily turn ON/OFF your air conditioner unit and adjust your desired temperature all by voice command.
You can download the Ukoke Smartphone app in Apple App Store and Android Play Store to control your portable air conditioner from anywhere with your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Ukoke app is a personal smartphone remote controller that allows users to easily control all Ukoke Smart Home products in one App.
Also comes with traditional remote control. You can manually control your portable air conditioner from the digital LED display panel and provided remote control.
This air conditioner is a 4-in-1 Multi-Functional Appliance. Comes with 4 functions in 1 HVAC machine combining Cool, Heat, Dehumidifier, and high, medium, and low Fan mode with an added Swing function to adjust the wind direction.
This portable air conditioner is an easy-to-install window air conditioner unit. Just connect the exhaust hose to the window. The air conditioning unit comes with a washable filter to save money from buying replacement filters. Comes with four wheels on the bottom of the unit for easy and convenient movement around the house, living room, kitchen, and bedrooms.
Ukoke USPC01W Portable air conditioner unit is certified by Intertek for product safety and quality assurance.
GE Portable AC
This portable air conditioner unit comes with a rating of 13,500 BTU (9,700 BTU SACC standard) cooling capacity for large rooms up to 550 square feet. will cool down your bedroom, living room, apartment, or office.
You can download the SmartHQ app to control the air conditioner. Integration with the SmartHQ app allows you to monitor, schedule, and control your smart air conditioner from anywhere, which makes it more convenient to control the air conditioner unit.
This portable air conditioner unit is a 3-IN-1 Portable Air Conditioner that provides built-in air conditioning, three fan speeds, and dehumidifying capabilities to provide flexible and optimal home comfort.
This portable air conditioner unit comes with Auto Evaporation Technology. Under most room conditions, the air conditioner will evaporate any water the unit collects, so there’s no need to drain excess water, unlike other traditional portable air conditioner units.
This Portable air conditioner unit is an easy-to-install air conditioner kit. installs easily in double-hung or sliding windows with no cutting required. You can install and start using it in minutes.
Midea Duo Inverter Portable AC
This Portable Air Conditioner comes with a rating of 12000 BTU (5800 BTU SACC standard). It delivers fast, effective cooling for spaces Up to 450 square feet while simultaneously providing fan and dehumidification functions in any home, bedroom, office, or cabin; creating a relaxing and comfortable environment.
Comes with Midea’s innovative industry-first hose-in-hose design enables the unit to intake and exhaust air outdoors, so it can form balanced air circulation indoors, effectively preventing hot air from seeping into the room through gaps around doors and windows
This portable air conditioner is engineered with variable-speed inverter technology, Midea Duo cools more with considerably less electricity than traditional portable units. It saves more than 40% energy compared to U.S. federal standard. Midea Duo claims to cool down your room 2x faster.
Gives More than 2x Stronger Cooling, Empowered by the duo hose design and an optimized air duct system, Midea Duo can lock and maximize cooling indoors. Now you can enjoy a 2x stronger whole-room cooling experience.
Comes with 3-in-1 Comfort, Control with Smartphone or Voice Assistant option. Get high-power cooling, dehumidification, and circulating modes in one unit. And can be controlled from anywhere with the Midea Air smartphone app or by voice assistant with the Google Assistant and Alexa.
From all the information we can conclude that portable air conditioners can be the best option when you are looking for a portable, easily installable, and affordable option for single rooms with smart voice control and smartphone app control. But also need to consider the noise and long term operational costs and auto evaporation support for getting the best deal.