Whether it is too cold in winter or the scorching sun that is synonymous with summer, what you need in your home is a comfortable environment. As a result, you should install an appropriate type of thermostat to control your HVAC system. One of the popular types is a communicating thermostat.
Top Communicating Thermostats Listed
With various options for communicating thermostats available, the process of getting the best one can be overwhelming. The right one for you depends on your requirements and preferences. Below are the best communicating thermostats for home automation.
- Google Nest Learning Thermostat
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat
- Honeywell Home RCHT8610WF T5 Smart Thermostat
- Mysa Smart Thermostat
Google Nest Learning Thermostat
This is a smart thermostat designed to learn your programs and schedules to save energy. It gives you the freedom to control your heating and cooling system through the Nest App.
In addition, it works with Google Assistant and Alexa, allowing you to regulate the temperature of your home with voice commands.
- It alerts you if there are issues with your HVAC systems.
- Saves you energy up to 15%
- Beautifully designed with metal finishes and bright display to suit any given décor
- Voice assistant support
- Compatible with older HVAC systems
- Geofencing and motion detection system detects when you are at home and adjusts the temperature accordingly.
- Not compatible with baseboard heaters
- High price tag
Ecobee Smart Thermostat is an award-winning thermostat that easily learns and adapts to your schedule. With this thermostat, you can experience enhanced comfort, advanced control, and increased energy savings.
You can pair it with Ecobee Smart Security to protect your family and home. This thermostat helps you save up to 26% on cooling and heating costs.
- Comes with Alexa and Siri built-in for music, calls, and control
- Smart Sensor feature extends comfort to important areas of your home
- Integrates seamlessly with other smart home systems
- Easy to install
- Beautiful design
- Some features need a subscription
Honeywell Home T5 Smart Thermostat
The T5 thermostat is designed to make your home comfortable.
It uses geofencing technology to monitor your location. In this way, it saves a lot of energy, and you do not have to worry about manually setting your thermostat whenever you leave your home.
- Works with Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa.
- Smart response and alerts. You get alerts when temperatures are extreme and when to change filters.
- Compatible with many utilities that provide rebate programs.
- Supports remote control with Resideo App.
- ENERGY Star certified
- No motion sensors
- Does not support ventilators, dehumidifiers, and humidifiers
Mysa Smart Thermostat
Mysa Smart Thermostat is designed to help you save up to 26% on energy. Its sleek, minimalist design enhances your home’s style.
You can install this communicating thermostat in less than 15 minutes, thanks to the detailed manual and online video guides.
- Smart Integrations. It works with Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, and Alexa.
- Can be used with high-voltage systems, such as electric heaters and baseboards.
- Remote Access. Use the app to adjust home temperature, set schedules, monitor energy use, and share access.
- Does not work with low-voltage systems
What is a Communicating Thermostat?
A communicating thermostat controls your HVAC system by pairing it. It uses a technology similar to a Bluetooth communication system. When paired successfully, the thermostat and the HVAC system communicate to maintain the desired level of comfort in your home.
Things to Consider
When buying the best communicating thermostat, you need to consider the type of HVAC system installed in your home. Make sure you check the wiring of your HVAC system. If it has two wires, you need a low-voltage thermostat. If it is more than two wires, you need a high-voltage thermostat. Ensure the heating and cooling system works with the communicating thermostat you want to buy. It is advisable to consult an expert. In addition, you should get a thermostat that is easy to use.
Another thing to consider is whether the communicating thermostat is compatible with the Operating System (OS) of your phone. Most work with Android and Apple phones, but you should confirm before buying.
If there are other people using your home, you should get a thermostat that can be controlled by multiple users. Some communicating thermostats only allow one phone connection, whereas others allow multiple phone connections.
Brand and Price
It is also advisable to consider the price and brand of your thermostat. Make sure you choose a reputable brand that is locally available. Some brands come with a warranty, whereas others do not. Thermostats with advanced features tend to be pricier than simple ones. Ensure you buy a thermostat with features you only need.
Ease of Installation
Most communicating thermostats are easy to install. They come with detailed instructions and tutorials that eliminate the guesswork. However, if your system has other components, such as dehumidifiers and heat pumps, you should seek the help of a professional.
With the best communicating thermostat, you can save money on your HVAC system. The right thermostat will help you adjust the temperature of your home in an energy-efficient manner. The above-reviewed thermostats ensure you spend minimal time changing your temperature preferences and save you on the utility bills. Also, these thermostats are attractive, have a minimalist design, and are loaded with lots of features that make them worth it. You cannot go wrong with any of the above-communicating thermostats.
Communicating Thermostats FAQs
Does Honeywell Make a Communicating Thermostat?
Yes, it does. Some of the Honeywell communicating thermostats include the T5, T6, and T9.
Are communicating thermostats worth it?
Yes. Communicating thermostats gives you value for your money. For instance, they ensure your home is comfortable and reduce energy bills. They ensure you are not heating or cooling an empty house when you are away.