A space heater is an easy way to instantly boost the temperature of a room and bring warmth to any place. Effective space heaters, which come in several sizes and types, can help you save money on your utility bills during the harsh winter.
One of the most significant advantages of electric heaters is that they direct heat to the areas that require it the most.
As a result, you can warm portions of your home that don’t get as much heat from your furnace or central heating equipment, especially with portable heaters.
Another advantage of electric heat is the wide range of available heaters. Electric heaters are available in various sizes and types, allowing you to find the appropriate model for any home heating requirement.
For added convenience, several electric space heaters have specific features like automatic oscillation, Wi-Fi connectivity, and digital controls.
Advantages of Having a Wi-Fi-Enabled Space Heater
With the help of technological advancements, you can now turn your home into an innovative and energy-efficient environment by installing a space heater with Wi-Fi connectivity.
Controlling the atmosphere and temperature in your home is difficult if you have to adjust your thermostat constantly.
Wi-Fi-enabled space heaters adapt to your schedule and make automated adjustments to maintain your home at a comfortable temperature. They’re incredibly safe, portable, and energy-efficient than before.
Manufacturers are increasingly incorporating innovative capabilities into these gadgets, allowing you to operate them with your smartphone and voice assistants such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
They also deliver a wealth of information to homes. For example, if there is an energy event, such as a blackout, some units can even send you an email or a text message. They can also tell you how much humidity there is in your house.
The features and capabilities of Wi-Fi-enabled space heaters differ from one another. Hence, choosing the space heater whose skills and qualities match your requirements would be best.
Top 5 Features to Consider Before Buying the Wi-Fi-Enabled Space Heater
There are five primary elements when selecting the best Wi-Fi-enabled space heater for your home. So, let’s look at the vital features of a space heater.
Type of Heater
Firstly you need to consider what type of space heater you require. While there are many different types of heaters, every electric heater comes into one of three categories: radiation, convection, or bladeless.
- Radiant heaters use infrared radiation to warm the parts inside the device to a specific temperature, which heats the surrounding space.
- Convection heaters, on the other hand, disperse the hot air they generate throughout the room. As a result, they have a significantly faster effect, helping to heat any space nearly instantaneously.
- Bladeless heaters are safer than radiant and convection heaters because they do not have fast-spinning blades or visible heating sources.
When purchasing an electric space heater, look for the following safety features:
- When the heater overheats, a smart sensor turns it off automatically.
- Tip-over Auto-shutoff in the event of a tip-over
- Ensure the heater has a solid cord; heaters should never be used with extension cords.
- Ensure that the heater has been certified by a third-party testing authority.
The wattage rating of the heater helps us determine the space a heater can cover. Therefore, it is one of the most vital factors when purchasing a Wi-Fi space heater.
A standard 1,500-watt heater will cover average-sized rooms up to 150 square feet when utilized as a supplemental heat source.
Smart Wi-Fi Features
Smart space heaters connect directly to your smartphone or smart home device, giving you complete control over your house’s temperature and comfort level.
While the industry is continually making new and exciting advancements, the concept of smart space heaters is still relatively new.
Smartphone control or Wi-Fi connectivity and integration with personal assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are the most important things to look for today.
If you’re worried about energy conservation and want to keep your heating costs low, then don’t forget to evaluate energy efficiency before picking a space heater.
Choose an excellent energy-efficient space heater for your area and the size of your space to keep your electric bills from rising.
Top 5 Wi-Fi-Enabled Space Heaters
When it comes to smart heaters, there are a variety of choices. The following is a list of the most outstanding Wi-Fi-enabled space heaters on the market.
#1 – Heat Storm
The Heat Storm is ideal for anyone searching for the optimum warmth in a large bedroom or living area.
Like its larger partner product, this device has full Wi-Fi capabilities, and the added convenience of a high-quality LED display so you can always keep an eye on your surroundings and a protective coating to keep you safe from burns.
Because of its revolutionary HMS dual-wall technology, your room will warm up rapidly, and you can relax knowing that Heat Storm infrared heaters are incredibly energy efficient.
Thanks to the space-saving wall mount design, you won’t lose any floor space.
- Protective coating that is safe to touch; smartphone app control
- Manufacturer’s warranty of one year
- The design is small and compact.
- Surprisingly light in weight
- There are only a few heat settings available.
- A few users have complained about app connectivity concerns.
- Heating Range: 500 sq ft.
- Heating Power: 1000 Watts
- Heater Type: Infrared and Convection
- Safety: Cool to Touch
- Works with Alexa: No
- Dimensions: 13 x 17 x 4″
- Weight: 8 lbs
#2 – Atomi Tabletop
If you’re searching for a more compact warmer, the Atomi Smart Tabletop is a great option.
You can safely use and transport the heater throughout your home thanks to the portable carry handle, stable base, and additional safety measures.
Set the heater to pre-heat your home gym, small office, and other rooms in the house before you walk in. All you have to do is download the Atomi Smart app for free on your phone.
Aside from that, the Atomi Smart Tabletop responds to basic voice instructions supplied via Alexa or Google Assistant, allowing you to use it hands-free whenever you choose.
- Panel with a large touch screen
- Quickly heats up
- Wi-Fi and voice activation are both available.
- Color: White
- Brand: Atomi smart
- Heating Method: Convection
- Item Dimensions: 8.27 x 9.06 x 18.11 inches
- Heat Output: 1500 Watts
- Works with Alexa: Yes
- Weight 5.94 pounds
#3 – Atomi Tower
The Atomi Smart Wi-Fi Portable Tower Space Heater was created with functionality, aesthetics, and innovation.
The software you download to your smartphone allows you to regulate the device’s temperature, set up weekly routines, and even control the quantity of output while you sleep.
It also has a highly effective safety function that switches the device off if it overheats. So having this device running in your home will always make you feel protected.
In addition, this device is optimized for tiny places, making it ideal for a studio apartment or bedroom.
- The design is clean and modern.
- Digital control panel with touchscreen
- Almost silent functionality
- App control that is both user-friendly and comprehensive
- Built-in safety features
- It takes some time to heat a room.
- The app could be a little more user-friendly.
- Heating Range: 750 Square Feet
- Heating Power: 1500 Watts
- Heater Type: Oil Filled
- Safety: Overheat Auto-Off
- Works with Alexa: Yes, and Google
- Dimensions: 29.37 x 10.47 x 10.24 inches
- Weight: 8.38 pounds
#4 – Grovee
This space heater can be operated remotely via an app. It’s clever, efficient, and powerful and keeps your house or business at the optimum temperature.
Govee heater keeps you warm throughout the day by switching between modes based on time.
It’s worth noting that it can comfortably heat two separate rooms when appropriately positioned. Depending on the room temperature, size, and insulation quality, it may heat up to 160 square feet of space.
Transporting it from one location to the next is easy and secure, thanks to the integrated handle and long 6-foot power wire.
Furthermore, you won’t have to worry about the increased power consumption when using this 120V heater.
The PTC Ceramic Heater, which is more energy-efficient, heats up quickly within 3 seconds.
- Timers and Schedules with a wide range of features
- Heats up quickly.
- Color: White
- Brand: Govee
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Heating Method: Convection
- Item Dimensions: 8.3 x 8.3 x 15.7 inches
- Weight: 7.7 pounds
- Works with Alexa: Yes
#5 – Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Air Purifier & Space Heater
The Dyson Pure Hot + Cold Air Purifier is the device for you if you’re looking for a device that will ensure efficiency while also stunning your guests.
This space heater’s most notable feature is its one-of-a-kind bladeless convection technology, which uses a revolving component to provide 350 degrees of oscillation around your area.
While you may control this device using a smartphone app, you can also link it directly to your Alexa smart home system to get the 24/7 coverage you’ve always wanted.
- The same device heats and cools.
- Air is projected into the entire room.
- Provides a smartphone app as well as an Alexa connection.
- HEPA filter purifies the air in your home (captures 99.97 percent of allergens)
- Occasionally, there are troubles with the Android connection.
- High start-up costs
- Once a year, replacement filters are required.
- Heating Range: 350 Square Feet
- Heating Power: 1575 Watts
- Heater Type: Bladeless Convection
- Safety: Auto Shutoff
- Works with Alexa: Yes
- Dimensions: 30.1 x 8.1 x 6 in.
- Weight: 19.07 pounds
How To Use A Smart Wi-Fi Heater With Your Phone
Because of the LED display, certain heaters have a slightly different techniques, but they all follow the same steps. Follow these three simple steps to connect your phone to your Wi-Fi-equipped space heater.
- Download the app.
It is usually the company’s app from where you purchased your heater. They’re generally found on the app store, although occasionally, there may be a particular link or something.
After installing the app, ensure you fill out all fields correctly because they’ll send you an email with a verification link or text message. Check to see if your heater is turned on.
2. Press the temperature button down for a few seconds.
In most Wi-Fi-enabled space heaters devices, you’ll almost certainly need to push and hold the temperature button.
When it’s time to connect through your device, you should see an icon blinking on the LED display.
3. Look at the heater option.
Check the heater setting inside your app. You’ll be able to check the Wi-Fi for your heater from there. You must input your password and wait for the heater to connect successfully.
After then, the heater will appear on your linked devices.