You’ll find a variety of Trane Thermostats. They range from 1050, 850, and XL824 models.
Other than these mentioned variants, there exist other models as well. Perhaps you’re making use of models that are much older. But fret not! The steps we’re going to mention work for all Trane Thermostats.
In case you’re short on time and are looking for a quick fix, here’s what you need to do. These are the steps I followed to reset my Trane Thermostat.
- Firstly, I made sure that the HVAC system I was using wasn’t active.
- Now, look for the switch. It’ll be situated on the breaker box.
- You need to turn that off. Wait for about thirty seconds.
- Turn it back on.
- That’s it! That should’ve successfully reset your Trane Thermostat.
In case you weren’t able to reset it, it’ll be wise to read through my tutorial on how I reset my Trane Thermostat.
So, let’s begin.
Reset Procedures commonly used for All Models
All in all, the steps to reset a Trane Thermostat are specific to its model. But irrespective of the model, there are steps that remain the same.
Let me begin by listing out these generic steps first.
- No matter what type of electrical device you’re using, turning it off is how you begin. The same holds true for a Trane Thermostat. Turn it off.
- Wait for about thirty seconds up to a minute. Turn your thermostat back on. Set it to heat or cool
- Depending on your preference, set your desired temperature. Once the system switches on, you’ll hear a beeping sound.
- In case you aren’t able to hear or feel the flow of the air, go near the circuit protection box or control box.
- The next step is to make sure the thermostat’s HVAC system is working properly. If it is, turn it back on.
If it was “ON” already, try switching it “OFF” and then turn it “ON” again.
- Restart the system by making use of the Power button.
- Complete resetting by controlling your desired temperature.
These steps proved to be instrumental in resetting my Trane thermostat. But there’s a chance that the steps I’ve mentioned don’t work for you.
If you belong to this category of users, check your Trane thermostat model and follow the steps below.
Reset Steps for All Models
As mentioned in the section above, at times, the steps for resetting Trane thermostats are one and the same. For such instances, follow the steps given above.
In contrast, reset settings of Trane thermostats differ depending on the model as well. In such a scenario, I advise you to find out the exact model number of your Trane thermostat before proceeding with the steps below.
How to find model number on your Trane Thermostat?
In order to reset your system, you’ll need to find out the exact model.
To do that, I suggest you inspect the outdoor unit. Carefully examine the back of the unit. You’ll notice that there’s a label with a specific serial number printed on it. That’s the model number.
Reset Trane AC Thermostat
Once you’re finished noting down the model number, you can go ahead and follow these reset steps.
- Firstly, I advise you to turn off the system via the aircon unit.
- Now, look for two things: The control switch of the aircon and the circuit breaker.
- Once you’ve found the circuit breaker, power down the aircon.
- Take down your Trane Thermostat that’s mounted on the wall.
Be patient. It’ll take about thirty seconds.
- Place the thermostat back in its place. Turn on the aircon.
Reset Trane Thermostat Wi-Fi
At times, you’ll face certain connectivity issues or losses. In such cases, a simple Trane Thermostat Wi-Fi reset is all you need to get the system up and running.
1. Turn off the power to the HVAC system. Wait for about one minute.
To ensure a successful reset, you can make use of a heat pump (if you have it). Use that to shelve the system for a few minutes.
Doing so, restart the Trane Thermostat.
2. Go ahead and calibrate the system by tapping on the screen a few times.
Be patient as the system finishes loading.
Now, all that’s left is for you to reconnect the Wi-Fi.
Reset Trane 724 Thermostat
Contrary to how it seems, resetting this particular system isn’t rocket science. Simply follow these steps carefully.
- Find out where the switch for the circuit breaker is situated.
- Once you locate the switch, turn it OFF.
- Wait for twenty to thirty seconds.
- Reset your Trane 724 Thermostat by turning it back ON.
Reset Trane Touchscreen Thermostat
Before you begin the reset process, ensure the HVAC system isn’t running.
- Tap on Menu. It’ll be on the screen of the thermostat.
- Choose Settings.
- Now simply select Reboot.
- Finally, tap on Yes.
Be patient as the system restarts and resets.
Reset Trane Nexia Thermostat
- Head to the main circuit box. Switch off the HVAC system and everything connected to it. That includes the heat pump and the furnace, among others.
- After waiting for about a minute, go ahead and power it back on.
- Wait for the thermostat to finish loading. Once it does, you’ll see the option to recalibrate.
This particular screen is blue. You’ll have about five seconds to confirm before it goes away.
- At the center, you’ll see “Start.” Select that.
- To finish calibrating, tap on all 5 points to finish resetting the system.
Reset Trane ComfortLink 2 Thermostat
Firstly, I advise you to ensure the HVAC system isn’t running any processes.
- Tap on Menu. You’ll see it on the screen of your Trane ComfortLink 2 Thermostat.
- Choose Settings.
- Now, go ahead and select Reboot.
- Finally, finish the reset by tapping on Yes.
Reset Trane 1050 and Commercial Thermostat
As I’ve mentioned earlier in this tutorial, often, the steps to reset different models of thermostats are the same. That’s true in the case of these two models.
- Select Menu from the main screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Choose Reboot.
- You’ll need to confirm the reset by selecting Yes.
When To Restart Your Trane Thermostat?
Electrical devices such as thermostats have sophisticated mechanisms. Needless to say, often, these systems are ridden with issues and bugs, among many other things.
Some of these said issues include the thermostat either not heating or not cooling or simply errors in the temperature readings.
Under these conditions, one of the simplest solutions is to reset/reboot the system.
Rebooting or resetting helps refresh the thermostat. Doing so raises its efficiency.
How do you reset a Trane thermostat after a power failure?
Whenever there’s any type of interruption in power, the system goes back to the default settings.
It becomes a problem when such a failure in power disrupts the settings of the heat pump or furnace. And I strictly suggest that you reset your Trane thermostat and modify its settings before a bigger issue arises.
- Select Menu from the screen.
- Continue to tap on Next until Service appears.
- Access Installer Settings by continuously tapping on Select.
- Select Equipment Type.
- Select the desired aircon.
- Choose Done.
- Select Next.
- Tap on Next after selecting the outdoor units.
- Select the system type you wish to utilize.
- Before ending the process, make sure all these adjustments have been made correctly.
How do you reset a Trane thermostat with a blank screen?
This particular “blank screen” issue isn’t new. It has happened with my Trane thermostat a couple of times, and I’ve been able to address it using the following steps.
- Dismount your thermostat.
- Check if the batteries have run out of power.
- Replace the batteries.
If these steps didn’t resolve the issue, it could be the case of a faulty drain pan.
- Check if there are any leaks by examining the HVAC system.
In the case of a leakage, the system activates a switch, resulting in a blank screen.
An alternative solution is to check for a tripped circuit.
- Switch off the power of the thermostat via the circuit box. Wait for about thirty seconds.
- Turn the circuit back on.
How do you reset the check filter on a Trane thermostat?
In order to reset/reboot your thermostat’s check filter:
- Continue to tap on the filter button on the main screen.
- About three seconds later, a menu will pop up. Tap on “increase” and max it out.
- Finally, tap on the filter.
When Should You Seek Professional Help?
Generally, seeking help from a professional is usually a last resort step. That is, you’ve tried all the possible solutions and still can’t seem to make sense of the issue.
Regardless of how bad your situation is, it’s all right to get professional help, as long as you’ve got money. Because trust me, this kind of help doesn’t come cheap.
If you’ve carefully followed all the steps and still can’t reset or fix the issue in your Trane Thermostat, I suggest you ring up a professional.
All in all, not all thermostat or HVAC system issues require the help of a professional. Just like me, you can easily solve them through a simple reset.
In this tutorial, I’ve listed down, in a very detailed manner, steps to reset your Trane Thermostat. I hope you’ll find these steps useful in rebooting your system.
Let me know in case I missed out on something by leaving a comment down below.
Why does my Trane Thermostat turn off?
Most likely, it’s because the batteries are out of power. Try replacing the batteries and check if the issue persists.
I suggest getting help from a professional.
Does Trane Thermostat work with Google Home?
Absolutely! Follow these steps to connect Google Home with your system:
- Run the Google Home application.
- Tap on +.
- Select Set up device.
- Choose Works with Google.
- Type Trane in the search box and select Trane Home.
- Tap on Link.
- Punch in your credentials. Tap on Continue.